When pet owners buy anything for their homes, they can’t just consider their needs—they also need to think about their pets. This is certainly the case when a pet owner is buying new floors. Choosing the wrong floors can lead to premature damage, hard-to-clean stains and nasty odors.
Continue reading to learn about your top options for pet flooring in Monroe County, PA:
- Tile: When it comes to scratch- and water- resistance—two key features of good pet floors—it’s tough to top tile flooring. These floors are easy to clean, making them great for indoor/outdoor pets. The only downside is that they’re not very comfortable to lay on, so consider purchasing comfy rugs for your four-legged friends.
- Cork: Besides looking just like expensive hardwood, one of the best features of cork flooring is that it’s microbial. This means it doesn’t harbor bacterial growth, mold or other allergens. Cork is also scratch resistant to a degree, but it’s not as strong as tile.
- Bamboo: For another all-natural flooring option, consider bamboo. Bamboo floors are durable, stain resistant and scratch resistant. These floors are also affordable on nearly any budget, yet they look very similar to hardwood.
- Luxury vinyl: For floors that look like stone, tile or hardwood without the high price tag, consider luxury vinyl. In addition to its affordability, luxury vinyl holds up well against scratches and spills. It’s also easy to clean when your pet has an accident in the house.
- Engineered hardwood: Hardwood is not the most recommended flooring for cats in Monroe County, PA. But if you must have hardwood, ensure that it’s engineered hardwood. Engineered hardwood is constructed of multiple layers, making it more durable than traditional hardwood floors. Even though it’s a bit more expensive and less pet friendly, engineered hardwood adds a ton of value to your home.
Maintaining your pet-friendly flooring
Practicing proper flooring maintenance is just as important as choosing pet-friendly floors. Follow these tips to ensure your flooring stands the test of time:
- Sweep and mop routinely: Keeping your floors clean is critical in reducing scratches and eliminating any pet odors. If you have any carpeting or rugs, be sure to vacuum them on a weekly basis.
- Clean up accidents ASAP: Whether your pets are young or old, accidents can happen. Cleaning accidents ASAP is essential in preventing lasting stains and odors. Just be sure to use products that are safe for your type of flooring.
- Use mats under bowls: Excited pets are bound to spill their food or water during mealtime. Placing mats under the food and water bowls is the best way to protect your floors from any damage-causing spills.
Shop for your new floors at The Floor Source
Regardless of the flooring you choose for your dogs in Monroe County, PA, be sure to check out the options at The Floor Source. We guarantee you won’t find a better deal on flooring anywhere else in town. Contact us today or visit our showroom to check out our vast selection of flooring products.
Categorised in: Flooring
This post was written by Writer