Area rugs have been around for centuries, beautifying homes throughout the world. Part of what’s kept them around, even with the rising popularity of carpet, is their variety of potential uses. Keep reading to learn how to use area rugs in Monroe County, PA and all of their advantages:
- Tie the room together: Anyone trying to decorate a room knows that it’s not always easy to bring all of the pieces together to create a uniform appearance. Purchasing an area rug is one of the best ways to do it! With the right colors and patterns, a rug is better than art pieces or throw pillows at bringing everything together.
- Anchor the furniture: Couches, love seats, recliners and other living room furniture can look strange sitting on a bare floor. Laying down an area rug is the best way to anchor the pieces and create a cohesive look throughout the room.
- Serve as a focal point: Area rugs are sometimes more like works of art than flooring accessories. Handwoven rugs are sometimes even hung on walls instead of being placed on the floor!
- Absorb sound: If you have noisy downstairs neighbors or loud children playing in the basement, consider investing in an area rug to muffle the noise. Area rugs are good at absorbing sound on their own, but they’re even more effective when paired with a rug pad.
- Add warmth: Hardwood flooring is beautiful in any home, but it doesn’t always offer a warm or safe feeling. To accomplish this, we recommend laying down area rugs in your living space.
- Define a space: Open-concept living areas are fantastic, especially for large families. However, these big spaces often feel strange without an area rug. Area rugs define certain spaces and make large rooms feel complete.
- Protect flooring: One of our best pieces of advice when it comes to how to use area rugs in Monroe County, PA is to use them as protection for your floors. Floors that are prone to dents and scratches need a little extra protection, and an area rug is perfect for that.
What area rug is right for you?
An area rug that works in one home isn’t guaranteed to work in another. These are a few things to consider before investing in a new area rug:
- Size: Buying the wrong-sized rug is one of the top interior decorating mistakes. Experts say there should be 10 to 20 inches of bare space between the rug and the walls of the room.
- Color: The color of your area rug sets the tone for the entire space, so be sure that the color doesn’t just complement the furniture, but also the walls and floors.
- Maintenance: Area rugs require more maintenance than you might think, especially if you get a high-pile rug. Consult with your flooring expert before purchasing to see how much maintenance your rug is likely to need.
Now that you know how to use area rugs in Monroe County, PA, it’s time to go out and get a few! At The Floor Source, we sell a wide range of area rugs for homes of all shapes, sizes and styles. Come see us to check out our selection!
Categorised in: Area Rugs
This post was written by Writer