There’s no denying the fact that hardwood and vinyl flooring look great in any home, but have you ever considered covering up a portion of your floor with a nice area rug? If not, you really should! Area rugs in Monroe County, PA offer a ton of benefits, regardless of the size, style or color you choose. Continue reading to learn a few reasons why you should consider buying an area rug today:
- Define a space: Are your furniture pieces sitting directly on the floor? If so, you may notice that your couch or dining set looks like it’s just floating in the room. While that’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s not always the best look, either. Define that space and anchor your furniture by placing an area rug beneath it. Your home will look much more put together with some area rugs.
- Unify furniture: Unless all of your furniture is the same style and color, everything can look a little strange unless you have something tying the room together. This is where a rug can really help you out. The right area rug ties all of the furniture in a given room together, creaking a cohesive-looking space.
- Add contrast: Having a matching living room set looks nice, but it can also be a bit on the boring side. Instead of going out and buying an expensive new couch, just purchase a unique area rug. An area rug will spice up the room and can be a real focal point.
- Protect your flooring: Area rugs aren’t just all about looks—they can actually be quite functional, too. You can protect your floors from scratches and spills by laying an area rug down. Area rugs are perfect for high-traffic areas like the living room, as this is a space where a lot of flooring damage can occur.
- Cover up stains: Even a small stain on your carpeting attracts the eye and makes your home look unclean. If a stain just doesn’t come out despite your best efforts, just give in and lay down a rug. As long as you buy the right one, an area rug can look just as good on carpeting as it does on hardwood.
- Enhance comfort: Hardwood and vinyl are fantastic floor options, but nobody would argue the fact that they can be a bit uncomfortable at times. The only way to make your flooring more comfortable is to buy an area rug. Your feet will feel a whole lot better walking on an area rug than they do on hardwood floors.
- Keep kids safe: Your kids are bound to take a tumble from time to time while running around and playing in your house. If you have hardwood or vinyl, we recommend laying an area rug down in the living room or their playroom. Doing so will make any fall less painful, or even pain free!
Ready to buy an area rug? Then come by The Floor Source and check out our inventory. In addition to a variety of flooring options, we have a huge selection of area rugs in Monroe County, PA that fit in any budget and any room.
Categorised in: Area Rugs
This post was written by Writer