More and more homeowners these days are pulling up old carpeting to reveal existing hardwood floors or install new ones. Should you do the same? Below are the top six benefits of upgrading to hardwood flooring in Monroe County, PA:
- Easy maintenance: What makes hardwood floors so popular is the fact that they are low maintenance and incredibly easy to keep clean. Hardwood can be vacuumed, swept, even steam-cleaned to remove dirt, dust and debris buildup. You don’t have to clean hardwood floors often, but you can still rest easy knowing that environmental hazards like pet dander and dust mites are not accumulating like they would in carpet fibers. Furthermore, wood floors are more stain resistant than carpets. If you spill something, all you need to do is wipe it up.
- Strong and durable: Many homeowners choose to upgrade to solid wood floors for the material’s strength and durability. It’s qualities like these that make hardwood floors easy to maintain. If you are worried about damaging your new wood floor, don’t be. While the wood can get scratched or dented, it’s not easy to do—in fact, take proper care of your hardwood floors and they can last for decades.
- Enhance the look of the interior: Installed correctly, your hardwood floors can add a touch of class and warmth to your home. They can even make a space look bigger than it really is. Ultimately, the way to make a great first impression with wood floors is to decorate your space in an inviting way.
- Boost property value: Wood flooring is one of those features that can add value to your home. When the time comes to sell your house, having wood floors will help you stand out in the sea of homes with carpeting for sale. Chances are, a new homeowner is going to want to tear out old carpets. So why would a prospective buyer consider a home with carpeting when they can focus their time and money on one that already has the hardwood floors they’re looking for?
- Better indoor air quality: Are you an allergy sufferer? Unlike carpet flooring, hardwood surfaces do not trap dirt, dust, pet dander, pollen, bacteria or other allergens. These particulates are easy to sweep or vacuum away, and easier to see to remove. Getting rid of them quickly also improves your indoor air quality. Keep in mind that even though wood is a hard surface like tile and laminate, they are not equal when it comes to air quality. The latter two have grout lines and embossing, which are great places for allergens to settle.
- Long-lasting and cost-effective: The initial cost of quality hardwood floors is often greater than that of other flooring options. However, homeowners are encouraged to consider the long-term benefits and costs. The fact that wood is a hard material to damage means you can reduce your cleaning and repair costs as time goes by. Wood flooring can last for decades, and it’s this long-lasting quality which makes them such a cost-effective residential flooring option.
Visit The Floor Source today for a selection of high-quality hardwood flooring in Monroe County, PA!
Categorised in: Hardwood Flooring
This post was written by Writer