Area rugs are versatile décor features that can elevate the aesthetic appeal of the spaces in your home, but area rugs don’t always look the way that homeowners hope they will. To ensure that your area rugs add as much value as possible to the space that you’re decorating, it’s important to follow some key tips and decorating strategies. Read on for some of the dos and don’ts of decorating with area rugs in Monroe County, PA:
- Block out your space: Area rugs are great for organizing your room into a layout that makes sense. For example, you can use an area rug in the middle of your living room to block out seating with chairs and sofas. Make sure that your area rug is large enough for all of your furniture so you can strike a balance and create symmetry in your room.
- Complement your space: Choose an area rug that will accent your existing décor and add aesthetic value to your space. Think about your current paint color, artwork, furniture and decorations and look for area rugs that will stand out while still remaining consistent with your current color palette and décor scheme.
- Maintain your rug properly: To keep your area rug looking great for as long as possible, it’s important to take the proper steps to clean and maintain it. You should clean your rug regularly and make sure to spot clean stains and spills as they occur.
- Avoid area rugs that are too small: Purchasing an area rug that’s too small for your space is a common mistake that homeowners make. You should measure the dimensions of your space and make sure you purchase a rug that will fit your room properly.
- Avoid a lack of color and pattern: Lots of people are afraid of bold colors and patterns, but you should explore these options for your space. Colors and patterns can make your space a lot more visually interesting, elevate the atmosphere and add to your existing décor theme.
- Avoid nicer rugs in high-traffic areas: Area rugs are designed to be durable, but that doesn’t mean they’ll last forever. You should choose area rugs carefully and consider where they will be placed. Nicer area rugs are great options for living rooms and bedrooms, but they are likely to experience serious wear and tear if you place them in a hallway or dining room.
Shop for area rugs in Monroe County, PA
You can find the area rugs in Monroe County, PA that are right for your space by visiting The Floor Source. For two decades, our local flooring store has been proud to provide our customers with the highest quality flooring options possible. Regardless of what specific features you’re looking for, our team is here to help you with expert product recommendations and professional installation services. Find out more about what we have to offer and check out our extensive selection by stopping by or giving us a call today. We look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Area Rugs
This post was written by Writer