What comes to mind when you think of vinyl flooring? If you think of cheap-looking flooring that your grandmother had in her house, it’s time to forget that notion! Today’s vinyl is a high-quality flooring option that comes in a variety of styles that can look identical to hardwood, tile or stone. Continue reading to learn why vinyl installation in Monroe County, PA could be right for your home.
Benefits of vinyl flooring
There are plenty of good reasons to choose vinyl flooring for your home. Here are a few of the big ones:
- Durable: Your flooring has to put up with a lot, especially if you have kids or pets running around the house. Thank goodness that vinyl can stand up to heavy foot traffic and tons of wear and tear! Professionally installed vinyl flooring can last for years without needing to be replaced.
- Comfortable: Compared to tile or hardwood, vinyl is soft and comfortable underfoot. Though this might not seem like a big deal, you’d be surprised at the difference between standing on a vinyl floor compared to a tile floor when you’re in the kitchen all day. For that reason, vinyl is a great option for those who spend a lot of time in front of the stove!
- Water and stain resistant: Spills don’t stand a chance with vinyl! Anything that falls on the floor can easily be wiped up, meaning there’s no chance that the liquid will seep in and cause a stain.
- Pet- and kid-friendly: Their water- and stain-resistant quality, along with the fact that they’re durable enough to withstand claw scratches, make vinyl floors the best bet for those with kids and pets. In addition, vinyl floors are quiet, which means your kids won’t make so much noise while they’re running around and playing.
- Affordable: Including the cost of installation, vinyl floors cost anywhere from $2 to $8 per square foot. The price difference depends on a variety of factors, including the quality of the vinyl, the type and the thickness. Regardless of which vinyl you go with, it’s one of the less expensive options out there.
- Low maintenance: Finally, vinyl floors don’t require a ton of maintenance like some other types of flooring. There’s no need to re-stain them, like with hardwood, and they never require a deep clean, like with carpeting. As long as they’re properly installed, your vinyl floors should be good to go for years to come!
Cleaning your vinyl floors
Just because you don’t need to spend a ton of time maintaining your vinyl floors doesn’t mean you don’t have to keep them clean. The good news is that cleaning vinyl is about as easy as it gets. Sweep, dust or vacuum your vinyl floors fairly often, and wipe them down with a damp mop every now and then. Keeping them nice and clean will preserve them and ensure they stay scratch free.
If you think vinyl might be right for your home, then pick up the phone and give The Floor Source a call! Our wide selection of vinyl and competitive prices make us your best choice for vinyl installation in Monroe County, PA.
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring
This post was written by Writer