Laminate flooring is a cost-effective, good-looking flooring solution for many homeowners. In addition to being affordable and easy to install, laminate flooring is relatively easy to care for and maintain. If you’re unsure about the best way to care for your home’s laminate flooring, you should consult with an expert at your local flooring store in Monroe County, PA.
Thanks in large part to its affordability and low-maintenance qualities, laminate flooring is an exceptionally popular choice with pet owners and parents. If you have laminate flooring in your home, there are a few things that you should know about before attempting to clean it. Here are just a few tips to help you keep your laminate flooring looking great:
- Wipe with a microfiber cloth: To begin cleaning your laminate floors, use a slightly damp microfiber cloth to wipe down the entire flooring surface. Make sure that the cloth isn’t completely wet, as water causes laminate flooring to swell. Even limited amounts of liquid exposure can completely ruin laminate flooring.
- Use a laminate cleaner: After the bulk of the dirt has been removed from your flooring using the microfiber cloth, use a specialized mop to apply a thin layer of laminate cleaner. You can find a specially formulated laminate cleaner designed for your specific brand or type of flooring at your local flooring store in Monroe County, PA.
- Spot clean: Take stock of the flooring after the laminate cleaner has been applied. There are likely going to be a few tough spots of ground-in dirt that are still present. Take the microfiber cloth with a little bit of laminate cleaner, and buff out any areas that still look like they’re in need of cleaning.
- Dry: Using a dry, clean cloth, remove any excess cleaner from the laminate flooring as soon as you’re done cleaning. You may also use a large fan to circulate air over the flooring. It’s important to dry the area over your laminate flooring promptly and effectively, as prolonged exposure to moisture will damage your laminate.
- Remove tough stains: While laminate is largely stain-resistant, there are a number of things that may cause stains on your laminate flooring, including candle wax, blood and wine. To remove most stains, remove any excess moisture immediately, and spray the stained area with a window cleaner. Then, wipe up the window cleaner.
- Never mop with water: Using water to mop up your laminate flooring is disastrous. It will cause the laminate flooring to swell at the seams. Even a single mopping session may require you to replace all of the flooring in your home. Avoid mopping with water at all costs.
Since 1998, The Floor Source has been a dependable flooring store in Monroe County, PA. We’re proud to sell a wide selection of laminate flooring, as well as all of the care supplies and solutions you could possibly need. Be sure to reach out to one of our friendly representatives today to learn more about our fully stocked inventory of laminate care solutions.
Categorised in: Flooring Store
This post was written by Writer