If you’re like most homeowners, your kitchen is among the most frequently used rooms in your home. As such, you want your kitchen floors to look good and last for a long time. What should you consider before floor installation in Monroe County, PA, and which types of flooring should you choose for your kitchen? Keep reading to find out!
What to look for in floors
It’d be helpful to know what you should look for in flooring before we dive into your options for floor installation in Monroe County, PA. Here are several things you need to keep in mind while shopping for new floors:
- Affordability: You want nice flooring, but you may not want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. Luckily, there are tons of options for flooring that don’t break the bank. Be sure to check the prices for all of your flooring options before you make a decision.
- Low maintenance: Cleaning your floors is a must if you want to have a tidy home. But how often do you want to clean those floors, and to what extent do you want to clean them? Unless you love cleaning, you should look into installing floors that don’t require much maintenance. Luckily, there are some great low-maintenance options out there.
- Look: We suggest getting samples of multiple flooring options before you make your final decision. You never know how flooring will look in your home compared to how it looks in the showroom.
- Durability: Your kitchen is a high-traffic area, and your floors are sure to take a beating day in and day out. Make sure you choose flooring that can handle the pressure. Additionally, make sure your floors are installed correctly to ensure they’re as durable as possible.
Types of flooring
With all of the points above in mind, what are your top options for new flooring? These are a few of the most popular options for kitchen floors:
- Vinyl: If you’re looking for affordable flooring that hardly requires any maintenance, look no further than vinyl. Vinyl flooring in Monroe County, PA can mimic practically any style of flooring, but is just a fraction of the price. The only downside is that it has a relatively short lifespan, and may start to show wear and tear after about five years.
- Hardwood: The good news about hardwood floors is that they’ll never go out of style, and you have almost unlimited options when it comes to stains and types of wood. The bad news is that you need to clean up spills and moisture as soon as possible to avoid damaging your flooring.
- Laminate: Hardwood flooring looks nice, but its high price tag makes it unattainable for lots of folks. Thankfully, we have laminate flooring! Laminate is almost indistinguishable from hardwood, but is much less expensive. Like hardwood, homeowners with laminate flooring need to clean up spills quickly, as laminate can warp if there’s standing moisture.
Whether you’re in the market for tile or vinyl flooring in Monroe County, PA, be sure to choose The Floor Source to install it! We have a huge selection of all sorts of flooring to meet your personal preference and budget.
This post was written by Writer