There are more options than ever when it comes to choosing new flooring. That’s both a good and a bad thing. Having more than one option for anything is typically a good thing—after all, who doesn’t like having a few different choices when you walk into a flooring store in Monroe County, PA? On the other hand, having too many options makes choosing flooring difficult if you don’t know what to look for. Continue reading to learn a little more about some of the most popular flooring options, and why they might be right for you.
Carpeting tends to make rooms feel warm and cozy—it’s a great option for bedrooms, family rooms or other rooms that you spend a lot of time in. Regardless of the style of your home, carpeting is a great option:
- Comfort: Carpeting is without a doubt the most comfortable option for flooring, especially if you buy high-end carpet. Your whole family will love walking and relaxing on your carpets.
- Safety: Families with young children who are prone to falling over should consider carpets. Your kids won’t get hurt so easily if topple over!
Hardwood floors are perhaps the most beautiful option for your new flooring. However, that beauty tends to come at a hefty price:
- Look great anywhere: Regardless of the room, your hardwood floors are sure to look great. On top of that, there are many different colors and styles of hardwood floor to perfectly match the interior of your home.
- Add value: Though they are expensive, hardwood floors add a ton of value to your home. You’ll love how much more your home will be worth after you install hardwood floors—and so will prospective buyers.
On the opposite end of the price spectrum, there’s vinyl flooring. Though you sacrifice the beauty of hardwood, you won’t break the bank on your new floors:
- Water resistant: Water and other liquids tend to spill in bathrooms, laundry rooms and kitchens. For that reason, you should consider vinyl floors. As long as they’re installed correctly, a little water won’t hurt them.
- Durable: Vinyl floors are inexpensive, but that doesn’t mean they’re not durable. Vinyl can last up to 20 years if you take care of them.
Laminate floors are very similar to vinyl in that they’re popular in bathrooms, laundry rooms and kitchens. It’s possible to install those floors by yourself, but it’s not a bad idea to hire professionals to do the job:
- Easy to clean: Like vinyl flooring, laminate floors are super easy to clean. All you need to do is occasionally sweep and mop them—no hard work required!
- Scratch resistant: Scratches are bound to occur with all of the action going on in kitchens. Folks with laminate floors won’t really have to worry about that, though, as it takes a lot to scratch a laminate floor.
Don’t wait one more day to buy and install new floors. Stop by our flooring store in Monroe County, PA to get the process started!
Categorised in: Flooring Store
This post was written by Writer