You have many options to consider when choosing new floors for your home. There are the ever-popular options like carpet, vinyl, laminate and hardwood flooring materials, but what about tile? Most tile today is durable, affordable, attractive and works well in many rooms of the home.
Here are five advantages of installing tile flooring in Monroe County, PA:
- Perfect for many indoor spaces: Tile is traditionally used in home bathrooms and kitchens because it is one of the easiest flooring materials to keep clean. However, when it comes to aesthetics, tile is extremely versatile, which means it can work for a number of interior designs and styles. Go ahead an install tile in your entryway, bedrooms, enclosed patios or as a backsplash in the kitchen or laundry room. Thanks to the wide range of tile designs, you can decorate your space as you please.
- Available a variety of options: Because tile comes in a wide variety of colors and styles, you will have no problem finding the right tile flooring for your home. Versatility is one of the main selling points of tile, especially since tile is available in various colors, textures and graphics. Let’s say you like the look of distressed wood, but putting actual wood in high-moisture areas like the bathroom is not a good idea. With textured tile, you can enjoy that wood appearance and feel in your bathroom without fear of ruining it.
- Easy to clean and maintain: When compared to other floor materials—like carpet that collects dirt and debris—people find that tile is relatively easy to clean. Cleaning tile requires less time than other types of flooring. All you need to do is sweep and spot clean as needed and mop the floor maybe once a week. Maintenance is also not much of a chore. When sealed correctly, tile floors are fantastic at withstanding moisture, liquid spills, pet accidents and more. All you really need is water and mild soap to clean up spills, but make sure you use grout that is stain-resistant.
- Preserves indoor air quality: No matter how often or thorough you vacuum carpeted floors, dirt, dust, pollen, allergens and other unhealthy particles will remain behind. Tile floors, however, can help preserve your indoor air quality as tile is fired in high-temperature kilns. This means tile carries little to no volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs contribute to a range of health problems, including asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems.
- Cost effective and lasts a long time: Not only are there durable, versatile and beautiful tile options out there, but this floor material is also cost effective—tile will save you money! To ensure the tile’s longevity, be sure to invest in quality materials from a reputable brand or company, hire only professionals to do the installation work and take good care of it.
If you are interested in talking to an expert about purchasing and installing tile flooring in Monroe County, PA, then pick up the phone and call the pros at The Floor Source!
Categorised in: Tile Flooring
This post was written by Writer