Are you getting ready to install some brand new carpet in your home? There are a few things you can do to prepare your home that will make the process of carpet installation in Monroe County, PA go a lot smoother and more efficiently. Here are a few recommendations:
- Have a plan for kids and pets: If you have kids and/or pets in your house, you should make sure they are kept busy and in a safe place that is away from the area. You should treat new carpet installation like a construction project—there is going to be noise, strong odors and probably dust and allergens. If possible, you should keep pets and children away from the installation area until the carpet is fully installed.
- Enclose the area: You should completely enclose the installation area, keeping all doors and windows in place. If it’s a brand new home and construction project, any heating and air conditioning units should have been fully operational for at least 24 hours, and all wet construction processes (paint, drywall, plaster) should be done long before installation.
- Move appliances and furniture: If you need to move any large appliances or furniture to put down the carpet, make the arrangements you need to get them moved. You might be able to do this yourself, or you might need to hire someone to come in and move them for you. Some carpet installation services will assist you with moving furniture around, but it might cost you some extra money. If you’re not physically capable of doing it by yourself and don’t have anyone readily available to help you, this can be a valuable add-on service.
- Keep valuables in a safe space: Any electronics, collectibles, valuable items or antiques should be moved to a safe place to ensure they will not be damaged. Most carpet companies will have insurance policies that will offer some extra coverage in the event that damage occurs, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, especially with these items that have a lot of financial or sentimental value to you.
- Drain waterbeds: If you plan to re-carpet your bedroom and have a waterbed, you should drain that bed before moving it and before the installation happens, just to be on the safe side.
- Disassemble electronics: Disassemble all the wiring for televisions, computers, sound systems and other electronic devices that might get in the way of the carpet installation team so you can make the job easier for them. If there is any hidden wiring for electronics that runs underneath existing carpet or flooring, make sure the installation crew knows about that ahead of time so they are prepared to handle it.
These are just a few tips to help you prepare yourself for carpet installation in Monroe County, PA. If you have any additional questions about what you can do to make matters easier for your carpet installation team, we encourage you to reach out to The Floor Source today.
Categorised in: Carpet Installation
This post was written by Writer